Legal Solutions From Experienced Middle Tennessee Lawyers
As a business owner or manager, you need effective contractual agreements in place to define, protect and preserve your valuable business assets, transactions and relationships. There are many contracts and other documents which you may need to effectively operate your business and to protect you and your organization:
- Contracts or agreements – contracts can be very simple or very complex, depending on the terms of the agreement and the number of parties involved. Contracts are most effective when skillfully written by experienced legal advisers familiar with you and your organization. Likewise, these contractual agreements are only valuable when understood and carefully followed by the parties to these agreements. This helps minimize possible future disputes about the terms of the agreements and can serve to support and validate the agreements themselves.
- Lease Agreements – a lease can be for the use of space or property such as an apartment or office, for an automobile, or for equipment or machinery. Business and organization leaders frequently fail to negotiate or draft leases to best protect their organization's interests. Failure to skillfully negotiate, revise or draft these contractual agreements can create significant financial hardships for businesses and other organizations and can lead to high litigation costs if disputes are not effectively covered by the underlying lease or contract.
- Partnership or Operating Agreements – before forming any type of partnership or joint venture with another individual or organization, you are well advised to prepare a partnership or operating agreement to outline profit/loss sharing ratios, monetary or property contributions and admission or withdrawal of partners, distributions of money and assets upon dissolution of the partnership, as well as other issues involved in operating your business, organization or endeavor. These documents can be extremely complex and, to be effective, should be crafted by an experienced and skilled legal advisor who is familiar with your specific partnership arrangement and operations.
- Buy-Sell Agreement – this is an agreement that is used when a partner or member of a business wants to leave the business and will detail if and to whom the partner can sell his or her share of the business, whether or not they may leave their share to someone else upon their death, what the purchase price (if any) will be for that business interest and other crucial details. Frequently the careful drafting of these contractual agreements will prevent very high litigation costs while preserving long-standing business and personal relationships.
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements – these important contracts spell out the details of the working relationship between your business and an employee or independent contractor. These detailed contracts help avoid unnecessary misunderstanding or conflict between you and the people that provide services for your business or organization and can ultimately serve to protect you in issues related to taxes, proprietary information and intellectual property, solicitation of clients, business competition, personal or property damage or loss and much, much more.
- Confidentiality Agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement – a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement will help to protect your confidential and proprietary business information when you are working with another party. These contracts are a must-have in instances where you will be sharing private or proprietary information with that party such as trade secrets and more. These agreements are also used in conjunction with other types of business transactions as well as resolution of most commercial and civil disputes.
The highly skilled and experienced attorneys at Papa & Roberts have extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating these contracts and documents for businesses and organizations of all sizes, industries and sectors. We are effective advocates and advisors on these crucial, protective safe-guards for any new or established business or organization. We can help you protect yourself and your business or organization from unnecessary conflict and the costs associated with failed agreements.
In addition to traditional legal services, Papa & Roberts also offers affordable, fixed-rate monthly retainer packages to cover the ongoing legal issues any business or organization will face. With our Custom Counsel program, you won't have to worry about unexpected costs or speaking with a different representative or legal advisor each time you call. Papa & Roberts offers customized solutions to fit the needs of your business or organization while building a relationship with a highly skilled and experienced attorney who knows you and your organization and understands your goals.
Contact Papa & Roberts today to discuss your Custom Counsel package or other business contract needs.