Leigh Ann RobertsAttorney-Mediator, Founding Member
1612 Westgate Cir, #220
Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
A highly skilled and experienced mediator, Leigh Ann Roberts is called on to mediate a wide spectrum of disputes, from those between small businesses to sophisticated organizational and commercial disputes involving millions of dollars. National, state and local mediation and arbitration bureaus value Leigh Ann’s expertise in complex civil and commercial cases. Additionally, clients who recruit Leigh Ann recognize her unique ability to mediate disputes where emotion is very high and where ongoing, interdependency of the parties makes mediating a durable solution extremely challenging.
Leigh Ann is among the few lawyers who possess the several skill sets to mediate such varied kinds of disputes. Her cases include mediating workplace and employment conflict, vendor/supplier disputes, civil and commercial litigation disputes, business dissolutions or “business divorces,” board disputes and family-owned business disputes.
Drawing on her years of expertise as both a mediator and litigator, Leigh Ann trains other mediators in advanced mediation skills. Her teaching has also made her a sought-after corporate trainer and consultant in the field of employment disputes, workplace conflict dynamics, communications, negotiations, professional and executive coaching and leadership development.
Companies appreciate that Leigh Ann’s background in employment law, litigation, mediation of workplace disputes and executive coaching brings a unique combination of capabilities to meet their needs. She helps companies manage and prevent conflict, strengthen teamwork, shift culture and equip executives to lead an agile and collaborative work force. Whether it is at a high-stakes mediation table or in the intensely competitive corporate environment, Leigh Ann’s counsel enables businesses and organizations to feel confident about making decisions and moving their enterprises forward.
Leigh Ann was raised in Jackson, Mississippi and attended undergraduate and law school at the University of Mississippi. Leigh Ann has been a trained mediator since 1998 and is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General/Civil Mediator with over 15 years of experience mediating civil lawsuits and workplace and community disputes. Leigh Ann is licensed to practice law in both Mississippi and Tennessee. In her dedication to mediation and conflict resolution, Leigh Ann has been asked to serve as a distinguished mediator and arbitrator for national organizations such as FINRA, the American Arbitration Association, the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals as well as local organizations such as the Tennessee Academy of Mediators and Arbitrators and the Better Business Bureau. Leigh Ann is also a member of the Nashville and Tennessee Bar Associations, and other community groups.
Leigh Ann is a proud supporter of Nashville's CABLE Women's Organization and the Lawyers Association of Women. Leigh Ann has also served as an adjunct instructor of mediation and negotiation courses at Belmont University's College of Law and Massey School of Business, MBA program as well as other colleges and universities in the area.
Leigh Ann is an ACC level professional development coach credentialed by the International Coaching Federation.
- Mississippi, 1998
- Tennessee, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2006
- Tennessee Supreme Court, 2005
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, J.D. - 1998
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, B.A. - 1995
- Tennessee Academy of Mediators and Arbitrators, Charter Member and Mediator, 2010 - Present
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, 2010 - Present
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Mediator, 2009 - Present
- Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators, President, 2009
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, ADR Panel Member & Mediator, 2007
- Construction Dispute Resolution Services, National Construction Mediator & Arbitrator
- Tennessee Attorney General's Office Ethics Commission, 2005
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Employment & Workplace Section, Nat'l Commercial Section Committee, 2007 - Present
- Tennessee Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Section, 2005 - Present
- Nashville Bar Association, Business Law, Employment and ADR/ Mediation Sections, Chair of Mediation and ADR Section, 2009
- Tennessee Attorney General's Office Ethics Commission, 2005 - Present
- Lawyers Association for Women, Member and Past Committee Chair Marion Griffin Chapter
- Just Solutions Law Firm, Owner, Attorney Mediator, 2005 - 2006
- Tennessee Attorney General's Office, Assistant Attorney General, 2001 - 2005
- Law Offices of John Richardson, Jr., Attorney, 1999 - 2001
- Past Board Member and Volunteer Community Mediator & Trainer, Nashville Conflict Resolution Center
- Past Woman of the Year Candidate for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Middle Tennessee
- Former Chair of the Nashville CABLE Circle of Friends Program, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Facilitator Trainer and CABLE Circle Facilitator
- Rule 31 Civil Mediator, Tennessee Supreme Court
- Tennessee Academy of Mediators and Arbitrators, Charter Arbitrator and Mediator, 2010 - Present
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Arbitrator and Mediator 2010 - Present
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Arbitrator and Mediator, 2009 - Present
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel Member and Mediator, 2007- Present
- Construction Dispute Resolution Services, National Construction, Arbitrator and Mediator, and Southeast Region Coordinator, 2007- Present
- Mediation Training International, National Certified Workplace Mediation Trainer for the Southeast Region, 2005-Present